1. RSV peaks as experts share better outlook for next winter Full story
2. Midwest health systems brace for winter storm Full story
3. BF.7: 5 notes on the subvariant fueling surge in China Full story
4. Trinity Health saved $23M in labor costs in just 9 months — all while decreasing patient falls systemwide. See how they did it.
5. What 7 CNOs told Becker's about nurse well-being, retention this year Full story
6. Skepticism now starts at the top in one Florida hospital Full story
7. AHA taps WakeMed Health's former chief medical officer to serve in new executive role Full story
8. Women sue Colorado hospital, claim sexual assault by ICU nurse Full story
9. Trust in new nurses is low: Only 50% of nurse leaders say new nurses are ready for the job. Discover how CNOs from around the country are working to retain their best nurses and ensure new nurses are practice ready.
10. US life expectancy at 25-year low, CDC says
11. Why N95, surgical masks shouldn't be layered Full story
12. Providence Sacred Heart to restructure some physicians Full story
13. It's time to throw out the old playbook for capacity management. See how CommonSpirit, SCL Health and 3 other systems are tapping AI and machine learning to maximize capacity with finite resources.
14. Man arrested for alleged terrorist threat against New York hospital Full story
15. 4 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Traditional check-in processes are redundant and frustrating. A mobile-first approach can improve patients' intake experience in 7 key ways — see what they are and how 1 Georgia hospital is cashing in here.
2. It's easy for costly adverse drug events to slip through the cracks in overwhelmed EDs. Get 3 steps to prevent it here.
3. Clinician burnout remains high. Learn how video and communications technologies can reduce burnout and improve employee satisfaction.