1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. UK variant may already be in US, Fauci says; air travel spikes despite health warnings — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Staff at hospitals in DC, Texas turn down COVID-19 vaccine Full story
4. A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
5. Cardiologist claims Colorado system fired her 1 day after she told CEO concerns of understaffing Full story
6. Los Angeles hospitals brace for care rationing Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- Does your organization employ a whole-person approach to providing care for its employees with chronic conditions? Click here to learn how one health system achieved better chronic condition management results
- How much of your dental staff’s time is spent doing repetitive, boring manual tasks? Click here to learn how those process can be automated to save time and increase efficiency.
- What do Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian and Hackensack University Medical Center have in common? A commitment to surgical excellence. Click here to read more.
8. Meet the CMOs of US News' top 15 hospitals Full story
9. Surgeon general: Trump has 'medical reason' for delayed COVID-19 vaccination Full story
10. Mount Sinai marketing staffer's vaccination, Instagram photos spark backlash Full story
11. The key to a more financially productive primary care practice is the membership-based model. Click here to learn how 1,100 successful practices have followed that path.
12. US colleges aren't accepting enough nurses to offset shortage Full story
13. South Carolina health system CEO to step down after 12 years Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The telehealth connection: How technology is revolutionizing remote patient care. Click here to read the report.
2. What a decade of claims data says about the state of patient safety. Click here to read the full report.
3. Don't risk putting off archiving legacy systems. Click here to learn how to do it quickly and securely using today’s Cloud technologies.