1. Joint Commission to overhaul quality metrics, freeze accreditation fees: 6 changes for 2023 Full story
2. TikTok video of nurses confronting admin over staffing prompts investigation of New York hospital Full story
3. Children's hospitals brace for aftermath of holiday gatherings Full story
4. 22% percent of Americans don't speak English at home. Are your telehealth services accommodating them? Learn how to improve virtual care access here.
5. Who owns this hospital? HHS aims to answer Full story
6. Epidemiology society urges reduced COVID-19 screening at hospitals Full story
7. Physician who allegedly participated in Jan. 6 Capitol riot no longer works at Boston hospital Full story
8. Flu, RSV and COVID-19 coinfections: 4 updates Full story
9. Spotlight on Becker's first-ever health equity survey — Click here for analysis and insights.
10. The cost of unnecessary Pap tests in older women Full story
11. HHS boosts Tamiflu access amid generic shortage Full story
12. Citing Medicaid misery, 25 governors push for PHE's end in April Full story
13. Workforce optimization case study — Click here to Discover why Baptist Memorial anticipates $44M in cost savings and new revenue.
14. Man waiting in ED threatened to blow up Pennsylvania hospital Full story
15. Flu activity, state by state Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Achieving sepsis quality improvements shouldn't take long. This hospital saved $384,000K + boosted compliance by 20% in just 4 months. Here's how.
2. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how 3 hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.
3. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.