1. FDA panel to vote on primary COVID-19 shot reboot: 2 vaccine updates Full story
2. US may see early peak to flu season Full story
3. COVID-19 admissions up 14% in 2 weeks: 3 updates Full story
4. It's time to throw out the old playbook for capacity management. See how CommonSpirit, SCL Health and 3 other systems are tapping AI and machine learning to maximize capacity with finite resources.
5. Northside Hospital expansion to create 3,000 jobs Full story
6. 3 subvariants expand their dominance to 76% of cases: 10 CDC notes Full story
7. Tampa General to launch concierge medicine center, hires physician Full story
8. CDC issues physician guidance on flu antiviral amid supply issues Full story
9. Staffing shortages have compromised the patient experience. Intelligent automation offers a path to deliver more human-centric care. Learn how.
10. Thousands of Florida nurse graduates fail NCLEX each year Full story
11. COVID-19 can spread from dead bodies, research suggests Full story
12. Viewpoint: When healthcare loses the most Full story
13. The pandemic depleted hospital and health system finances, and revenue cycle efficiency is crucial to stymie losses and mount a recovery. Learn why your processes may hinder revenue capture, and how to fix them, here.
14. 64 COVID-19 findings in 2022 Full story
15. Viewpoint: President of hospital where nurse called 911 is changing his tone Full story
16. Becker's is seeking great health IT, digital health and revenue cycle leaders to join the agenda for our 2023 event Oct. 3-6, 2023! If you'd like to join a panel, contact Mariah Muhammad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.
2. Patient-centric care requires more than successful outcomes. Here's what is really needed to move away from provider-centric models.
3. Nurses still aren't getting enough support to stay in the profession. Get a closer look at 3 actions hospitals can take to relieve the nursing shortage here.