1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. US sees 1M cases in 5 days; emergency approval for Moderna vaccine expected today — 8 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. CMS extends data submission deadline for quality, value-based reporting Full story
4. How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.
5. A week of mixed COVID-19 news: 6 takeaways Full story
6. Employers can require COVID-19 vaccine, EEOC says Full story
7. How front-line providers are reshaping the pillars of patient safety. Click here to read the report.
8. CommonSpirit Health, Morehouse partner to train Black physicians Full story
9. Scientists will visit China next month to study COVID-19's origin, WHO says Full story
10. Providence offering vaccine benefits to employees Full story
11. Three must-reads:
- A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
- Right drug, wrong dose? Why adjustments must be made for kidney function. Click here to read more.
- How well are you really communicating with patients today? Click here for 10 strategies to better reach patients and improve care.
12. Hospital CEOs on COVID-19 vaccines: Employee hesitancy will decrease as rollout continues Full story
13. Racial bias in pulse oximeters may put Black patients at risk Full story
14. How Biden plans to limit COVID-19's spread in the White House Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What do Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian and Hackensack University Medical Center have in common? A commitment to surgical excellence. Click here to read more.
2. Compassion and innovation: insights into decedent management at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Click here to read more.
3. 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.