1. 10 most common COVID-19 symptoms Full story
2. Average nurse pay vs. travel nurse pay, by state Full story
3. Clear sodas only for CommonSpirit patients Full story
4. It's time to throw out the old playbook for capacity management. See how CommonSpirit, SCL Health and 3 other systems are tapping AI and machine learning to maximize capacity with finite resources.
5. Fired MetroHealth CEO files new lawsuit, alleges breach of contract Full story
6. Keck Medicine launches gender-affirming care program Full story
7. Nurse practitioner sues VA over abortion policy Full story
8. The cost of diagnostic errors in the ER: 5 study notes Full story
9. 22% percent of Americans don't speak English at home. Are your telehealth services accommodating them? Learn how to improve virtual care access here.
10. 5 hospitals, health systems raising workers' pay Full story
11. Kentucky hospital to lay off 112 Full story
12. Viewpoint: Safety work relies too much on clinicians' heroism Full story
13. Workforce optimization case study — Click here to Discover why Baptist Memorial anticipates $44M in cost savings and new revenue.
14. Delaying surgery after COVID-19 infection can prevent heart issues Full story
15. 5 hospitals, systems seeking chief quality officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. OR block scheduling is inefficient and outdated. See how systems like Novant and Dignity are boosting case volume and optimizing OR usage with a new data-driven approach.
2. 70% of hospitals are prioritizing DEI marketing this year, but patients of color aren't impressed. Achieve more inclusive marketing and better serve diverse patient populations with these 5 strategies.
3. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how 3 hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.