1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. US cases up 51% in 1 month; surges slow in some Midwest states — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. What the holiday season looked like during the 1918 flu pandemic Full story
4. Weight-bearing MRI improves outcomes for several specialties. Click here to learn how ortho and spine surgeons benefit.
5. CMO to leave Georgia hospital after 3 decades Full story
6. Pandemic pressure is pushing health officials to resign Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- How front-line providers are reshaping the pillars of patient safety. Click here to read the report.
- Compassion and innovation: insights into decedent management at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Click here to read more.
- Are your clinical assets generating the returns your health system needs? Download this white paper to learn how you can maximize your return on invested capital.
8. COVID-19 hospitalizations hit record high for all age groups: 4 CDC findings Full story
9. PwC's 6 top healthcare issues for 2021 Full story
10. Johns Hopkins creates COVID-19 death risk calculator Full story
11. Anticipate patient needs in 2020 to thrive in a rapidly evolving healthcare landscape. Join this virtual discussion for more on transforming the patient experience.
12. Gatherings — not school — tied to child COVID-19 cases, CDC finds Full story
13. US will likely avert 'twindemic' Full story
14. UPMC using health status, lottery to determine which employees are vaccinated first Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.
2. OR optimization case study: Lessons from Erlanger Health System and Baystate Health. Click here to read the report.
3. Compassion and innovation: insights into decedent management at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Click here to read more.