1. US hospitals see rise in invasive strep A infections behind 15 UK deaths Full story
2. Johns Hopkins hospital COO speaks out on 'quiet quitting' Full story
3. US brings back free COVID-19 tests as part of winter plan Full story
4. Not all care-at-home programs are created equal. Here's how to build an integrated program that works for patients and providers.
5. Nurse gets prison for diverting opioids from New York cancer patients Full story
6. What Mass Gen's chief medical officer sees as key to improved care: 5 Qs with Dr. Will Curry Full story
7. 15,000 Minnesota nurses approve contracts with 'historic' pay raises Full story
8. Highest paid specialties for NPs Full story
9. Trinity Health saved $23M in labor costs in just 9 months — all while decreasing patient falls systemwide. See how they did it.
10. Providence, HealthPartners team up with Helix to monitor respiratory viruses Full story
11. Vanderbilt Health suspends hospital's chief of staff after arrest Full story
12. 4 themes for successful infection prevention amid a pandemic: Study Full story
13. Trust in new nurses is low: Only 50% of nurse leaders say new nurses are ready for the job. Discover how CNOs from around the country are working to retain their best nurses and ensure new nurses are practice ready.
14. New York expires emergency order on polio Full story
15. 9 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
16. Becker's is seeking great health IT, digital health and revenue cycle leaders to join the agenda for our 2023 event Oct. 3-6, 2023! If you'd like to join a panel, contact Mariah Muhammad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 22% percent of Americans don't speak English at home. Are your telehealth services accommodating them? Learn how to improve virtual care access here.
2. Spotlight on Becker's first-ever health equity survey — Click here for analysis and insights.
3. Why aren't patients adopting scheduling and communication tools? Learn how to ensure your patient engagement investments aren't going to waste here.