1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. COVID-19 deaths surpass 300K; Moderna vaccine may win emergency approval this week — 4 updates Full story
3. MedStar hospital employee arrested, accused of setting fires at work Full story
4. Stop overpaying for your resuscitation program. HealthStream and the American Red Cross are committed to driving the next decade of quality improvement in resuscitation through continued innovation and accessibility by lowering costs industry-wide. Learn more
5. New York ICU nurse is first American to get COVID-19 vaccine Full story
6. Mississippi hospitals must halt elective surgeries this week Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.
- Does your laboratory have the right IT tools to weather the COVID-19 storm? Download this whitepaper to understand which tools will help you face challenges most efficiently.
- Is your OR still a source of revenue? Click here to learn how third-party providers can help your hospital grow its margins.
8. 1st pediatric flu death of season reported: 5 notes from CDC's FluView report Full story
9. 'Maybe I'm not OK': Jewish physician reflects on treating COVID-19 patient with Nazi tattoos Full story
10. CDC urges physicians to communicate with patients on vaccine safety Full story
11. Weight-bearing MRI improves outcomes for several specialties. Click here to learn how ortho and spine surgeons benefit.
12. 13 recent hospital, health system CNO, CMO moves Full story
13. Moderate sleep loss boosts risk of medical errors 53%, study finds Full story
14. 10 states with the highest, lowest priority population for COVID-19 vaccines Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How front-line providers are reshaping the pillars of patient safety. Click here to read the report.
2. The COVID-19 crisis is reshaping infection prevention. Click here to learn how.
3. Effortless interoperability in the era of virtual care — tips for health system leaders. Click here to read more.