1. The 2023 safety priorities for 11 straight-'A' hospitals Full story
2. HHS: COVID-19 flexibilities apply to flu, RSV response efforts Full story
3. 'Fauci effect' diminishes as infectious diseases specialty yields low interest Full story
4. Trust in new nurses is low: Only 50% of nurse leaders say new nurses are ready for the job. Discover how CNOs from around the country are working to retain their best nurses and ensure new nurses are practice ready.
5. Iowa health system CEO to exit Full story
6. Former medical director sues Cape Cod Hospital for alleged defamation, whistleblower retaliation Full story
7. HHS can't force Catholic providers to offer transgender care, court rules Full story
8. 5 hospitals closing departments or ending services Full story
9. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.
10. Walmart heir's medical school stacks up board talent Full story
11. South Carolina hospital set for closure after 56 years Full story
12. 57% of 'quiet quitters' report improved work-life balance: survey Full story
13. It's time to throw out the old playbook for capacity management. See how CommonSpirit, SCL Health and 3 other systems are tapping AI and machine learning to maximize capacity with finite resources.
14. 7 systems launching nursing programs Full story
15. Meet the physician who toppled a $32B crypto giant Full story
16. Becker's is seeking great health IT, digital health and revenue cycle leaders to join the agenda for our 2023 event Oct. 3-6, 2023! If you'd like to join a panel, contact Mariah Muhammad at email@example.com.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Compensation alone can't solve hospital workforce shortages — leaders need new ideas. Find inspiration in these 10 articles about coping with talent shortages.
2. One of the nation's largest IDNs seamlessly consolidated 15 integration engines to one, saving $21M in the process. Find out how here.
3. Clinician burnout remains high. Learn how video and communications technologies can reduce burnout and improve employee satisfaction.