1. 'Resilience isn't a pillar by itself': CommonSpirit's plan to support 44,000 nurses in 2023 Full story
2. Winter COVID-19 surge looms, experts say Full story
3. Elon Musk's 'prosecute Fauci' tweet draws backlash from health experts Full story
4. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.
5. Emory hospital nurses no longer employed after 'icks' TikTok video about patients Full story
6. Last week alone, 26,000 flu patients were hospitalized: 8 FluView notes Full story
7. Highest paid specialties for PAs Full story
8. Man indicted in Methodist Dallas hospital shooting that killed 2 workers Full story
9. Patient-centric care requires more than successful outcomes. Here's what is really needed to move away from provider-centric models.
10. New York hospital turns away patients for 3rd time in a few weeks Full story
11. 12 hospitals, health systems cutting jobs Full story
12. Adults who took Paxlovid 50% less likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19: 10 CDC finding Full story
13. Trinity Health saved $23M in labor costs in just 9 months — all while decreasing patient falls systemwide. See how they did it.
14. 10 hospitals seeking chief nursing officers Full story
15. Amoxicillin shortage worsens to 44 products, resupply dates pushed to 2023 Full story
16. Becker's is seeking great health IT, digital health and revenue cycle leaders to join the agenda for our 2023 event Oct. 3-6, 2023! If you'd like to join a panel, contact Mariah Muhammad at email@example.com.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Revenue cycle staffing is in crisis. Don't ask employees to work harder — allow them to work smarter with intelligent automation. Here's how.
2. Providers lose millions on self-pay patients who actually have insurance. Discover 4 hidden ways to detect insurance coverage for self-pay patients.
3. The standard patient payment model is broken. That's why Ascension and Intermountain depend on this tool to increase patient engagement and drive net-new cash.