1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Vaccine will be widely available by June, Warp Speed leader says; White House COVID-19 adviser resigns — 5 updates Full story
3. California calls for weekly testing of all hospital workers Full story
4. New biologic technology aids bone formation. Click here for details and data showing its effectiveness.
5. COVID-19 patients most infectious 2 days before, 5 days after symptoms emerge, analysis finds Full story
6. Many facilities did not report healthcare worker deaths during pandemic, KHN analysis shows Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- Does your visitor management policy benefit your organization? Learn how to create a platform that meets your needs.
- Continuous clinical surveillance may be the key to mitigating adverse events for good. Learn more
- Some of the biggest changes in medicine are coming from leaders on the front line. Learn about new standards of care.
8. Shortened quarantine would identify most COVID-19 cases, Gottlieb says Full story
9. CDC panel to vote on who gets COVID-19 vaccine priority in emergency meeting Full story
10. Missouri physician starts petition calling for governor to implement mask mandate Full story
11. Compassion and innovation: insights into descendant management at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Click here to read more.
12. COVID-19 hospitalizations hit record high in mid-November and are still rising, CDC says Full story
13. 3 states reporting low to moderate flu activity: 6 notes from CDC's Fluview report Full story
14. 80 hospitals postponing elective procedures Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Is your OR still a source of revenue? Click here to learn how third-party providers can help your hospital grow its margins.
2. How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.
3. Are your clinical assets generating the returns your health system needs? Download this white paper to learn how you can maximize your return on invested capital.