1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. New York hospital fires employee for refusing flu shot Full story
3. Pfizer vaccine nears emergency approval; daily COVID-19 deaths may surpass 9/11 toll for months, Redfield says — 5 updates Full story
4. Receiving the wrong drug can be dangerous, but so can receiving the wrong dose. Click here to learn how to properly adjust dosages for patients with kidney conditions.
5. New Mexico suspends elective surgeries, opens door for care rationing Full story
6. Survey queries 5,100 physicians on 2020's toughest ethical issues Full story
7. Don't miss these 3 must-reads:
- Compassion and innovation: insights into decedent management at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Click here to read more.
- How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.
- Is your OR still a source of revenue? Click here to learn how third-party providers can help your hospital grow its margins.
8. From the COVID-19 front lines: What healthcare workers want their leaders to know Full story
9. Providence creates real-time COVID-19 map to show infection outbreaks among patient neighborhoods Full story
10. Stamford Health's infectious diseases chair discusses health system's COVID-19 vaccine plans Full story
11. A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
12. Global study confirms men at higher risk for COVID-19 complications, death Full story
13. Tennessee hospital shuts down Full story
14. States ranked by adults reporting anxiety, depression amid pandemic Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The key to a more financially productive primary care practice is the membership-based model. Click here to learn how 1,100 successful practices have followed that path.
2. Telehealth in rural America: Click here to download a 4-step guide to success.
3. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare organizations must learn to quickly pivot to the new normal and bolster their preparedness efforts for the future. Click here to learn more.