1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. US sees most COVID-19 deaths in 1 day; FDA panel to vote on Pfizer vaccine today — 5 updates Full story
3. OSHA investigating COVID-19 protocol at Upstate New York hospital Full story
4. Infection prevention amid a pandemic — A guide for evaluating UV sanitation and mobile device hygiene. Click here to read more.
5. ICU nurses weigh in on pandemic toll: 4 things to know Full story
6. Flu shot rates at record levels this year, but still down for Black children Full story
7. Don't miss these 3 must-reads:
- What a decade of claims data says about the state of patient safety. Click here to read the full report.
- Your ASC can benefit from professionalized anesthesia. Click here to learn about improved efficiency and revenue.
- How well does your organization understand consumer attitudes toward telehealth? Download this ebook to better understand why patients are accepting or not accepting virtual care options.
8. Stanford Medicine, Dignity Health ink affiliation agreement Full story
9. Virginia hospital equipment failure sparks network outage, postponed surgeries: 4 details Full story
10. Indiana hospitals ordered to halt elective surgeries by Dec. 16 Full story
11. Is your health system prepared to face 2021’s drug shortages? Click here to learn how data and AI can help manage hospitals’ drug supply needs.
12. New C. diff guidelines a boon to predicting patient death risk, study finds Full story
13. American Association of Nurse Practitioners names CEO Full story
14. The average cost of a hospital COVID-19 test in each state Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Are your clinical assets generating the returns your health system needs? Download this white paper to learn how you can maximize your return on invested capital.
2. A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
3. Compassion and innovation: insights into decedent management at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Click here to read more.