1. Travel nurses' pay, state by state Full story
2. Hospitals have not been this full since omicron's height: 5 notes on capacity Full story
3. Time to end physician-nurse 'turf-wars,' ANA president says Full story
4. The average cost of boarding a psych patient in the ED is $2,264. See 6 ways a comprehensive behavioral health strategy can help hospitals reduce these avoidable costs.
5. Bacteria prompts Franciscan Children's to restrict water, adjust transfer use Full story
6. 8 updates from president of hospital where nurse called 911 Full story
7. 'Career cushioning' replaces 'quiet quitting' in a more uncertain job market Full story
8. Kentucky hospital to pay $4.3M after employee stole 60K doses of narcotics Full story
9. Ochsner Health's IT program manager controls EHR education to hit goals + increase profits. Click here to learn how.
10. Nevada may fast-track nurse licensing process to fight RSV Full story
11. LCMC Health makes case for $150M acquisition of 3 HCA hospitals Full story
12. Emotional situations with patients, money: 8 physician survey findings Full story
13. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.
14. COVID-19 rebound 'uncommon' after antivirals, researchers say Full story
15. 8 strikes that (almost) were Full story
16. Becker's is seeking great health IT, digital health and revenue cycle leaders to join the agenda for our 2023 event Oct. 2-5, 2023! If you'd like to join a panel, contact Mariah Muhammad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.
2. Care plans based on a sample size of one? At AdventHealth, it's possible. See how the system is personalizing care with genomics and get best practices for starting your own program here.
3. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.