1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. White House shares $916B relief proposal; Pfizer vaccine gets allergy warning in Britain — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Leapfrog names pandemic heroes of the year Full story
4. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.
5. Oregon suspends license of physician who discouraged mask-wearing Full story
6. 5 cities with highest ICU occupancy Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- Chronic conditions can be controlled with better management. Learn how one health system took a whole-person approach and achieved results.
- The future of 340B in rural America — What hospital leaders and providers need to know to protect the health of their communities. Click here to read the report.
- Surgical backlogs plagued nearly every health system in 2020. Click here to learn how some of the best systems navigated that change.
8. Nurses question safety of California's 2-day ICU training program Full story
9. 'Zoom boom': Video calls may be driving spike in cosmetic procedures, plastic surgeons say Full story
10. Positive COVID-19 tests up everywhere but Northeast + 3 other CDC findings Full story
11. Compassion and innovation: insights into decedent management at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Click here to read more.
12. First COVID-19 memorial to break ground in New Jersey Full story
13. 'Fauci effect' linked to surge in medical school applications Full story
14. The most, least expensive states for an ER visit Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Not getting the most out of your organization's surgical service lines? This report outlines the three things you need to recalibrate your delivery of high-quality care.
2. Is your health system in compliance with the new CMS Condition of Participation? Click here for a compliance checklist and to find out if you meet minimum requirements.
3. 5 pillars for HAI prevention — what hospital leaders should know about the power of clean. Click here to find fact sheets and best practices.