1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. US records most deaths in 1 week; Pfizer vaccine meets FDA criteria for authorization — 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Leapfrog names 105 Top Hospitals for 2020 Full story
4. Does your visitor management policy benefit your organization? Click here to learn how to create a platform that meets your needs.
5. Oregon nurse who bragged about flouting COVID-19 safety measures no longer employed Full story
6. Trump to sign executive order on COVID-19 vaccines Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
- How to thrive in the evolving virtual care landscape. Click here to learn about emerging telehealth technologies and market opportunities for health systems.
- Are your clinical assets generating the returns your health system needs? Download this white paper to learn how you can maximize your return on invested capital.
8. Oncologist to sue Montana health system after sudden dismissal Full story
9. Melinda Gates on the pandemic response + vaccine challenges: 4 things to know Full story
10. Testing supply shortages may cause jump in STIs, experts warn Full story
11. Some of the biggest changes in medicine are coming from leaders on the front line. Click here to learn about new standards of care.
12. FBI raids New Jersey lab, says patients should get retested for COVID-19 Full story
13. 'No way rural hospitals can afford to pay that': Many hospitals raising travel nurse pay amid COVID-19 surges Full story
14. 576 Henry Ford Health System workers sidelined due to COVID-19 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Continuous clinical surveillance may be the key to mitigating adverse events for good. Click here to learn more.
2. Improving quality of care is possible while containing costs. Click here to learn how it's done.
3. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.