1. A decade high for hospitalizations: 8 notes on this year's flu season Full story
2. Leapfrog's 115 top hospitals in 2022 Full story
3. 'Historic' pay raises avert planned nurses strike in Minnesota Full story
4. From labor shortages to financial issues, hospitals' list of challenges is only growing. Leaders from Intermountain + 2 other systems share what they're preparing for next in this on-demand session.
5. JPMorgan wants to bring back 60-minute doctor's appointments Full story
6. Be prepared to treat cholera in travelers from certain countries, CDC tells clinicians Full story
7. APRN pay by the numbers Full story
8. Mount Sinai's new way of keeping low-acuity patients out of the ED Full story
9. Nursing turnover is costing your organization millions of dollars. A local per diem pool can reduce burnout and turnover. Join the live webinar here.
10. New Jersey hospital fined $63K over gun cache Full story
11. 5 systems launching, expanding or updating nursing programs Full story
12. 'Nocebos' more likely in vaccine-hesitant patients, study finds Full story
13. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.
14. New green card proposals will harm international nursing recruitment, AHA warns Full story
15. 11 hospitals seeking chief medical officers
16. Becker's is seeking great health IT, digital health and revenue cycle leaders to join the agenda for our 2023 event Oct. 2-5, 2023! If you'd like to join a panel, contact Mariah Muhammad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Why aren't patients adopting scheduling and communication tools? Learn how to ensure your patient engagement investments aren't going to waste here.
2. OR block scheduling is inefficient and outdated. See how systems like Novant and Dignity are boosting case volume and optimizing OR usage with a new data-driven approach.
3. 70% of hospitals are prioritizing DEI marketing this year, but patients of color aren't impressed. Achieve more inclusive marketing and better serve diverse patient populations with these 5 strategies.