1. Detroit Medical Center closes kidney transplant program Full story
2. 5 states set COVID-19 records this week Full story
3. Pennsylvania COVID-19 patient allowed to receive ivermectin after court order Full story
4. How Kaiser Permanente's health plan ramped up actionable insights for employers and execs. Learn more here.
5. New York to halt elective procedures at 32 hospitals amid COVID-19 surge Full story
6. New CNO's biggest challenge: Balancing excellence with staff vacancies Full story
7. Entice new patients with your robotics program — see how Lehigh Valley Health Network and Vail Health Hospital did it here.
8. Female physicians earn $2M less than men over career, study suggests Full story
9. CDC tightens COVID-19 testing protocols for air travelers Full story
10. 11 systems hiring chief quality officers Full story
11. Know the 4 key capabilities needed for a strong digital identity system? Click here to learn them.
12. US News names 2021-22 Best Hospitals for Maternity Care Full story
13. Omicron threat looms as some hospitals suspend vaccination requirements amid legal battles Full story
14. 72 top teaching hospitals in 2021, ranked by Leapfrog Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Telehealth has yet to reach its full potential. See how 150+ healthcare execs are paving the path forward here.
2. Orthopedic spine procedures are linked to higher risks of opioid dependence. See how to mitigate this risk here.
3. The obesity reckoning is here — What happens next will determine the health of most Americans. Click here to read the 3-part report.