1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. COVID-19 hospitalizations up 85% in 1 month; CDC calls for universal masking — 5 updates Full story
3. Biden picks Massachusetts General physician to run CDC Full story
4. Your input is needed! Becker's Healthcare is hosting a survey focused on Hospital Readiness in 2021. Click here to fill out the 5 minute survey to receive a complementary badge to a Becker's conference and an e-book of the findings.
5. Couple arrested after knowingly boarding plane with COVID-19, police say Full story
6. Hospitals saw drop in some HAIs last year: 4 CDC findings Full story
7. Three must-reads:
- Compassion and innovation: insights into decedent management at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Click here to read more.
- Why universal patient decolonization is key in the age of COVID-19. Click here to download the whitepaper.
- Chronic conditions can be controlled with better management. Learn how one health system took a whole-person approach and achieved results.
8. Dr. Atul Gawande on why COVID-19 vaccinations will test American society Full story
9. Staff meal breaks in the COVID-19 era: How 5 systems are limiting infection risks Full story
10. 'A physician's nightmare': New Mexico hospitals likely to get OK to ration care Full story
11. Telehealth in rural America: Click here to download a 4-step guide to success.
12. West Virginia hospital CEO to step down Full story
13. 22 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
14. 5 states with most flu activity, per CDC's Fluview report Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. From clipboards to tablets: Building healthcare's digital infrastructure. Click here to read more.
2. 6 strategies to bolster hospital 'rainy day' funds. A quick guide for healthcare leaders.
3. Is your health system in compliance with the new CMS Condition of Participation? Click here for a compliance checklist and to find out if you meet minimum requirements.