1. 10 states with the largest decreases to travel nurse pay Full story
2. Vanderbilt earns Magnet redesignation Full story
3. 15,000 Minnesota nurses plan 2nd strike Full story
4. Optum, CVS and Anthem have all invested in value-based care. Here's how to get your staff onboard for the next chapter of healthcare.
5. Fired MetroHealth CEO factored SDOH work into own bonuses, records show Full story
6. Long COVID may cost US economy $3.7 trillion Full story
7. 6 nursing priorities Congress should enact by 2023: ANA Full story
8. UC Davis Health rolls out low pressure surgery systemwide Full story
9. 2.1 million nurses may exit the field by 2025. Don't let good nurses slip through your fingers. Here's how technology can better support them.
10. 750 NPs on their working relationship with physicians: 4 insights Full story
11. Medical terms used by physicians often confuse patients, study suggests Full story
12. Corner Office: How UPMC is innovating staff retention Full story
13. The average cost of boarding a psych patient in the ED is $2,264. See 6 ways a comprehensive behavioral health strategy can help hospitals reduce these avoidable costs.
14. How COVID-19 has changed what we know about the flu Full story
15. 6 health systems launching nursing programs Full story
16. Becker's is seeking great health IT, digital health and revenue cycle leaders to join the agenda for our 2023 event Oct. 2-5, 2023! If you'd like to join a panel, contact Mariah Muhammad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. IU Health isn't letting data gaps stand in the way of making health equity a reality. Here's how your health system can do the same.
2. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.
3. Achieving sepsis quality improvements shouldn't take long. This hospital saved $384,000K + boosted compliance by 20% in just 4 months. Here's how.