1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Vaccinate healthcare workers first, CDC panel says; US hospitalizations near 100K — 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Nashville nurse charged with violating public health orders after hosting 100-person party Full story
4. New biologic technology aids bone formation. Click here for details and data showing its effectiveness.
5. Starbucks offering free coffee to front-line healthcare workers this month Full story
6. Renown CEO defends COVID-19 care site after Trump tweet claims it's 'fake' Full story
7. Three must-reads
- Clinicians support means providing access to up-to-date treatment protocols. Find out how to provide that kind of reliable support.
- The solution to patient hesitancy: How remote intake can help increase volumes without crowding the waiting room. Click here to read more.
- The pandemic has intensified the U.S. opioid crisis, but 8 organizations have seen success in their efforts to curb the opioid epidemic. Click here to learn more.
8. Strained Wisconsin hospitals asking staff to return to work during quarantine Full story
9. New Jersey hospital saw increase of drug-resistant bacterial infection during earlier COVID-19 surge, CDC finds Full story
10. 14 hospitals hiring chief nursing officers Full story
11. The right technology can automate several AR processes. Click here to learn how to boost collections and efficiency.
12. 'Pandemic' is 2020 word of the year Full story
13. CMS finalizes physician payment rule for 2021: 6 takeaways Full story
14. Significant side effects in up to 15% of coronavirus vaccine users, Warp Speed chief says Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A new era of genetic testing: How health systems can help deliver truly personalized care to millions of patients. Click here to read more.
2. The key to a more financially productive primary care practice is the membership-based model. Click here to learn how 1,100 successful practices have followed that path.
3. What will be the pandemic's biggest effects in the years to come? Click here to learn what healthcare leaders think.