1. Omicron greater risk for young than other variants; US trends follow South Africa, UK Full story
2. Louisiana reports first C. auris cases Full story
3. 1 in 5 Americans have had COVID-19 Full story
4. Hospitals can't hire nurses fast enough, nurse bullying is still an issue and patient engagement is more crucial than ever. Learn how to better support clinicians and mitigate staffing shortfalls here.
5. Minnesota COVID-19 patient transferred to Texas after judge rules to keep him ventilated Full story
6. Physician accused of spreading 'harmful' COVID-19 misinformation sues Houston Methodist Full story
7. Our caregivers are in crisis. See how hospitals are addressing employees' mental health needs during this live virtual discussion.
8. How Florida hospitals are juggling plans over COVID-19 vaccination mandates Full story
9. White House forms task force to target next coronavirus variants Full story
10. U of Michigan to pay $490M to settle physician sex abuse case Full story
11. Incomplete identity management sabotages seamless experiences and disrupts loyalty. Learn the CDP data unification strategies shaping new hospital business models.
12. 4 hospitals, health systems enacting crisis standards of care Full story
13. COVID-19 cases up in 27 states, down in 19, flat in 4 Full story
14. Viewpoint: To combat pandemic, US needs to think less like a physician Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The patient experience isn’t as great as healthcare leaders think. Find out what 1,800 patients, physicians and healthcare leaders in 13 countries had to say in a new study from Abbott.
2. Telehealth has yet to reach its full potential. See how 150+ healthcare execs are paving the path forward here.
3. Prior authorizations are up 81 percent, but smart automation can reduce the costly back and forth. Here's how.