1. COVID-19 peaking in Northeast + 2 more forecasts to know Full story
2. What we know about omicron symptoms, recovery: A clinical timeline Full story
3. 20 hospitals, health systems that provide the most 'unnecessary' care: Johns Hopkins Full story
4. A crisis wrapped in an emergency: Hear how Baptist Health and Oregon Health are navigating critical nurse shortages.
5. What HHS data shows about 'flurona' hospitalizations Full story
6. 5 US counties seeing 1,000%+ jump in COVID hospitalizations Full story
7. Improving access to providers isn't making people healthier. Click here to learn why a whole new approach to healthcare is needed.
8. 12 hospitals seeking CMOs Full story
9. Some hospitals revisit COVID-19 vaccination mandates as Supreme Court upholds CMS rule Full story
10. US COVID-19 deaths up 37% last week: 11 CDC findings Full story
11. The historic drivers of emergency medicine succes are shifting. Here's how to keep your program ahead of the curve.
12. Massachusetts gives PAs, residents practice flexibility Full story
13. 81% of ICU beds in use nationwide: How each state stacks up Full story
14. 3 states with very high flu activity; another pediatric death — 7 CDC notes Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Telehealth has yet to reach its full potential. See how 150+ healthcare execs are paving the path forward here.
2. Prior authorizations are up 81 percent, but smart automation can reduce the costly back and forth. Here's how.
3. Revenue cycle optimization defined: 4 experts weigh in.