1. CDC sticks to same guideline: 'Any mask is better than no mask' Full story
2. UMMC loses Medicare contract after regulators report 'substandard' care Full story
3. Omicron & throat swabs: What type of testing is best? Full story
4. Healthcare security threats are growing, but is your mitigation strategy? Click here for your 2022 guide to navigate the threats landscape.
5. Record-breaking 15 million global COVID-19 cases reported in 1 week; US sees biggest jump, WHO says Full story
6. Billings Clinic recruiting nurses from overseas Full story
7. What can 20 in-depth interviews & a survey 100+ hospital professionals tell us about the state of hospital-acquired conditions? Click here to find out.
8. Blood shortage temporarily closes California hospital's trauma center Full story
9. Hospitals urge patients to show compassion to workers amid staffing shortages Full story
10. 7 systems recruiting chief quality officers Full story
11. Improving access to providers isn't making people healthier. Click here to learn why a whole new approach to healthcare is needed.
12. Strike averted at California hospital Full story
13. 5 systems launching nursing programs Full story
14. COVID-19 increases diabetes risk among children, CDC finds Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Top revenue cycle trends for 2022: Your journey to RCM success in the new year starts here.
2. Cyber risks are everywhere. Click here to ensure they’re accounted for in your healthcare business strategy.
3. How Brigham and Women's is improving communication + patient satisfaction in the ED. Join the virtual discussion here.