1. 70% of US reports high or very high flu activity: 8 FluView notes Full story
2. Astria Health ending heart surgery program due to staff, cost Full story
3. Oregon nurses urge district attorney to investigate Providence for alleged wage theft Full story
4. Improve your cancer center’s efficiency and alleviate staffing shortages: learn how from two real-world case studies.
5. CMS reminds hospitals of obligation to protect patients, staff from workplace violence Full story
6. Fired CEO sues MetroHealth over alleged open meetings law violations Full story
7. Police arrest man suspected of firing shots inside Tennessee hospital Full story
8. UMass Chan Medical School unveils formal nurse preceptor training program Full story
9. Nursing turnover is costing your organization millions of dollars. A local per diem pool can reduce burnout and turnover. Join the live webinar here.
10. Amid lack of guidance, COVID-19 long haulers spend thousands on unproven treatments Full story
11. Ohio's measles outbreak grows: 4 notes Full story
12. When it comes to bad behavior, workplace incentives can be both 'cure' and 'poison' Full story
13. There are do's and don'ts to robotic-assisted surgery programs. Put your organization in a better place to succeed with this discussion.
14. What BQ.1 dominance means for Evusheld, bebtelovimab Full story
15. 10 hospitals seeking chief nursing officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Your EHR network could be costing you patients. Here's an easy-to-use, integrated solution with a 98% patient deliverability rate.
2. 22% percent of Americans don't speak English at home. Are your telehealth services accommodating them? Learn how to improve virtual care access here.
3. Workforce optimization case study — Click here to discover why Baptist Memorial anticipates $44M in cost savings and new revenue.