1. RSV could be at peak, Fauci says: 3 updates
2. CDC now tracking subvariant XBB: 3 notes Full story
3. 'I'm actually invigorated': Dr. Rob Phillips on pandemic-era leadership before retiring from Houston Methodist Full story
4. Biosimilar competition is driving down drug costs. Healthcare leaders can sustain the momentum with key takeaways from this discussion.
5. Florida hospital CEO shot by husband in murder-suicide, police say Full story
6. 6 hospitals, health systems adding services Full story
7. Measles is 'imminent' global threat, CDC and WHO say Full story
8. Nurse practitioner to pay $20K for calling herself 'doctor' Full story
9. The best way to stay on top of hospital tech operations? Outsourcing IT. Explore the benefits of health IT collaboration here.
10. COVID-19 cases to jump 80% by Dec. 7, Mayo forecasts Full story
11. Joint Commission updates clinician evaluation timeframes Full story
12. 14 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
13. The present and future of value-based care — Attend this live virtual session to learn what hospitals need to thrive today and tomorrow.
14. Mark Cuban in talks with hospitals to solve drug shortages Full story
15. The pandemic continues: 9 in 10 COVID-19 deaths are in people 65+ Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. UCHealth cut time-to-admit by 16% and saw an $8M return on investment using this modernized approach to capacity management.
2. Your hospital could be at risk of a Stark Law or kickback violation. Get the tool that ensures physician payments are up to code, without the administrative burden.
3. Navigating healthcare's workforce crisis — The specific actions leaders from top health systems are taking to increase workforce engagement and retention.