1. 2 Oregon hospitals declare crisis standards of care due to RSV Full story
2. WHO lands on new name for Monkeypox Full story
3. Attorneys for fired MetroHealth CEO allege board retaliation Full story
4. Nursing turnover is costing your organization millions of dollars. A local per diem pool can reduce burnout and turnover. Join the live webinar here.
5. Cleveland Clinic hospital cancels surgeries due to power issues Full story
6. 'You are seen, heard, admired': 6 hospital execs say thank you to staff Full story
7. 1 in 8 deaths tied to bacterial infections, global study finds Full story
8. White House renews COVID-19 vaccination push: 3 updates Full story
9. Biosimilar competition is driving down drug costs. Healthcare leaders can sustain the momentum with key takeaways from this discussion.
10. 34% of healthcare employees still fear catching COVID-19 at work Full story
11. Minnesota AG seeks input on Sanford, Fairview merger: 'We've heard people are concerned' Full story
12. Why 6 top law schools pulled out of US News' rankings — and what it could mean for hospitals Full story
13. Improve your cancer center’s efficiency and alleviate staffing shortages: learn how from two real-world case studies.
14. Surgeon named in sex discrimination complaints steps down from Maine hospital leadership posts Full story
15. 10 hospitals seeking chief medical officers
16. Becker's is seeking great health IT, digital health and revenue cycle leaders to join the agenda for our 2023 event Oct. 2-5, 2023! If you'd like to join a panel, contact Mariah Muhammad at email@example.com.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Costly pressure injuries are on the rise — don't let that be true at your hospital. See how Mayo Clinic Florida achieved a 67% rate reduction in HAPIs in 3 months.
2. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.
3. Nurses still aren't getting enough support to stay in the profession. Get a closer look at 3 actions hospitals can take to relieve the nursing shortage here.