1. RSV caseloads, severity up: 4 notes from a physician survey Full story
2. Lawmakers urge Justice Department to respond to anti-trans threats against children's hospitals Full story
3. Fewer coinfections than expected: 3 COVID-19 surveillance trends to note Full story
4. Change your compliance, accreditation and document management paradigm: go from reactive to proactive — Here's how.
5. MetroHealth fires CEO over more than $1.9M in unreported bonuses Full story
6. Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drugs adds 82 drugs to portfolio Full story
7. DeVos Children's Hospital makes emergency request to add beds amid RSV surge Full story
8. How COVID-19 therapeutics stack up against BQ.1 Full story
9. Improve your cancer center’s efficiency and alleviate staffing shortages: learn how from two real-world case studies.
10. UW Medical Center 1st to earn 7 Magnet designations Full story
11. The state of hospital executive burnout Full story
12. HHS unveils report on supporting long COVID-19 patients Full story
13. There are do's and don'ts to robotic-assisted surgery programs. Put your organization in a better place to succeed with this discussion.
14. New York physicians push for aid-in-dying law Full story
15. 12 hospitals, health systems cutting jobs Full story
16. Becker's is seeking great health IT, digital health and revenue cycle leaders to join the agenda for our 2023 event Oct. 2-5, 2023! If you'd like to join a panel, contact Mariah Muhammad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Nurses waste an hour per day looking for + cleaning mobile medical equipment. Catholic Health System found a better way to manage this equipment. Here's how.
2. Care plans based on a sample size of one? At AdventHealth, it's possible. See how the system is personalizing care with genomics and get best practices for starting your own program here.
3. ProMedica is rewriting the playbook on patient experience. See how it and 11,000 other healthcare orgs are continually evaluating the patient journey and making tweaks in real time to keep patients — and staff — happy.