1. Will the definition of 'fully vaccinated' change? Full story
2. About 1 in 5 healthcare workers have left medicine since the pandemic began — Here's why Full story
3. COVID-19 + flu coinfections: 7 things to know Full story
4. Hear a former FDA commissioner & leading health systems explain how AI is transforming healthcare. Click here to register for the event.
5. COVID-19 hospitalizations increasing among fully vaccinated, Fauci says Full story
6. CDC: Monkeypox case reported in Maryland; 2nd US case this year Full story
7. Watch and learn:
- A good IT infrastructure protects — a great one innovates. Here's how
- Nearly 30% of OR time is unused due to inefficient processes. Here's the strategy health systems are leveraging to unlock OR time.
- Entice new patients with your robotics program — see how Lehigh Valley Health Network and Vail Health Hospital did it here.
8. More than 100,000 Americans died of overdoses in 1 year, federal data shows Full story
9. Houston Methodist CEO says he was 'personally offended' by physician's COVID-19 claims Full story
10. Moderna asks FDA to approve boosters for all adults Full story
11. EPCS benefits patients & providers, but compliance is difficult. Learn how Renown Health met the challenge.
12. 30% of healthcare workers remain unvaccinated, CDC study finds Full story
13. Nursing salary grew 4% in 2021 Full story
14. 8 recent moves to address staff shortages across the country Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Telehealth is entering a critical new phase. Learn why top execs are adopting a smart-growth approach to planning.
2. Current capacity management methods no longer cut it. See how hospitals are responding to rising patient volumes more strategically here.
3. Hospital execs are using cybernetics to enhance patient experiences, reduce employee strain — here's how.