1. Public health failures spurred RSV surge, nurses say Full story
2. Mass casualty procedures enacted at hospital where nurse called 911 Full story
3. State of union on virus season: Where COVID-19, flu & RSV stand Full story
4. 61% of systems plan to expand telehealth — see how and in what areas here.
5. Amid strike plans, Kaiser offers 21.25% in wage increases Full story
6. Care delays and strategic priorities: 7 C-suite survey findings Full story
7. Duke LifePoint's 1st physician CEO among 2 hospital leadership hires Full story
8. 6 hospitals setting up overflow tents amid flu, RSV surges Full story
9. Change your compliance, accreditation and document management paradigm: go from reactive to proactive — Here's how.
10. Ascension hospital, nurses disagree over wages Full story
11. Patient codes of conduct should be the norm, says hospital quality veteran Full story
12. Severe flu season may affect blood supply: Red Cross Full story
13. Set up value-based care models for success with remote primary care. Get strategies and tools to support the shift in this expert session.
14. Amazon Clinic makes debut: 6 things to know Full story
15. 10 hospitals seeking chief nursing officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The switch to value-based care is expensive, but this strategy saved a North Carolina hospital $12M in 1 year.
2. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.
3. Care plans based on a sample size of one? At AdventHealth, it's possible. See how the system is personalizing care with genomics and get best practices for starting your own program here.