1. California hospitals erect overflow tents amid flu uptick Full story
2. 'Escape variants' now dominant in US Full story
3. 21,000 Kaiser nurses to strike Full story
4. Improve your cancer center’s efficiency and alleviate staffing shortages: learn how from two real-world case studies.
5. Michelin-star food for the same price as frozen meals: Q&A with Northwell's Sven Gierlinger and chef Bruno Tison Full story
6. HAIs continued to rise in 2021, CDC finds Full story
7. Another pandemic surge: Demand for CMOs Full story
8. Some Pennsylvania hospitals see 20% increase to ER visits after Crozer closure Full story
9. 61% of systems plan to expand telehealth — see how and in what areas here.
10. 3 COVID-19 forecasts to know this week Full story
11. 6 systems launching nursing programs Full story
12. Repeat COVID-19 infections are 'Russian roulette': study Full story
13. Patients are demanding simpler care experiences. See how leading systems are meeting this expectation — while also reducing staff burden — here.
14. How noise may affect nurses Full story
15. EHR misconduct led to 70,000 clinicians using suboptimal products, report finds Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Nurses waste an hour per day looking for + cleaning mobile medical equipment. Catholic Health System found a better way to manage this equipment. Here's how.
2. Care plans based on a sample size of one? At AdventHealth, it's possible. See how the system is personalizing care with genomics and get best practices for starting your own program here.
3. Costly pressure injuries are on the rise — don't let that be true at your hospital. See how Mayo Clinic Florida achieved a 67% rate reduction in HAPIs in 3 months.