1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. US hits 150K+ daily cases for 1st time; 18 states set hospitalization records — 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Maine superspreader wedding guests went to work with COVID-19 symptoms, CDC says Full story
4. Does your health system know how to cut through the noise to best utilize the mass availability of data at its fingertips? Click here to learn 3 strategies to get the most out of your data.
5. Vermont hospital to close OR after staff mysteriously fall ill again; won't reopen until cause is found Full story
6. Midwest reels from COVID surge: 'Why weren't we prepared for what was coming?' Full story
7. COVID-19 hits some communities harder than others. Click here to learn how to eliminate disparities in care and improve service for the most vulnerable.
8. 12 hospitals have closed during the COVID-19 pandemic Full story
9. 'They're scared': Demand for Georgia ICU nurses triples in 1 week Full story
10. 1st flu death reported in Pennsylvania Full story
11. The business case for innovative therapies: How to overcome the cost and administrative challenges associated with cutting-edge treatments and change patients lives. Click here to download the guidebook.
12. 2 in 5 Americans likely to attend large holiday gathering amid pandemic, survey finds Full story
13. 5 cities, states hit hardest by COVID-19 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 10 plays to overcome 2020 financial challenges and return to profitability. Click here to read the hospital executive playbook.
2. Does your organization thrive during uncertainty and change? Learn why it's crucial to develop 'intentional agility' among your leadership team.
3. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.