1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Hospitalizations rise for 18th day; developmental disorders tied to 3x higher COVID-19 death risk — 4 updates Full story
3. Cleveland Clinic to reschedule nonemergency surgeries Full story
4. COVID-19 hits some communities harder than others. Click here to learn how to eliminate disparities in care and improve service for the most vulnerable.
5. COVID-19 task force absent from spotlight amid worsening pandemic Full story
6. With 8% of ICU beds open, Wisconsin officials warn of approaching 'tipping point' where hospital care is not accessible Full story
7. Are you ready for CMS' interoperability rules? Here's what two digital transformation experts want you to know.
8. Biden forms special 52-person COVID-19 transition team Full story
9. Chicago nurses placed on leave after delivering dead flowers to management Full story
10. Connecticut physician charged for 'super COVID tests,' patients say Full story
11. Does your visitor management policy benefit your organization? Click here to learn how to create a platform that meets your needs.
12. COVID-19-positive nurses in North Dakota get OK to keep working amid staffing shortage
13. Maine hospital failed to enact adequate COVID-19 measures, inspection finds Full story
14. RN pay in 2020: 7 things to know Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Continuous clinical surveillance may be the key to mitigating adverse events for good. Click here to lean more.
2. Some of the biggest changes in medicine are coming from leaders on the front line. Click here to learn about new standards of care.
3. Surgical backlogs plagued nearly every health system in 2020. Click here to learn how some of the best systems navigated that change.