1. US COVID-19 hospitalizations at record high Full story
2. Where people go wrong with 'incidental' COVID-19 hospitalizations Full story
3. 29 best healthcare jobs, per US News: Nurse practitioner is No. 1 Full story
4. Learn how to build a patient-centric strategy for 2022 with expert insights from Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business.
5. In medical first, surgeons transplant pig heart into man Full story
6. Omicron may be more mild, but not for hospitals — here's why Full story
7. Burnout, patient access, health equity: Here's how Virginia Mason Institute is overcoming healthcare's most vexing challenges.
8. This area is recording most COVID-19 hospitalizations per 100,000 people Full story
9. What Northwell's new chief quality officer refuses to look away from Full story
10. HHS head defends CDC director: 'She doesn't have a degree in marketing' Full story
11. Providing at-home care requires major investments. Learn how the right AI pays off for hospitals + patients.
12. 8 states see 'very high flu activity' & 7 other CDC takeaways Full story
13. ECRI ranks 7 at-home COVID-19 tests for usability Full story
14. 14 hospitals hiring CNOs Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Help your nurses flourish. Check out this step-by-step guide for tips and tools to help them thrive and slash their workload.
2. Paper invoices are slowing down your supply chain. Follow these 5 steps to streamline purchasing and cut costs.
3. One optimization helped Cone Health reduce patient mortality and save $6.2M. Click here to find out how.