1. Corewell Health to launch nurse apprentice program Full story
2. Michigan Medicine rolls out 'post-mortality' surveys to guide care improvements Full story
3. Florida hospitals brace for tropical storm Nicole Full story
4. A data breach can cost your health system millions. Get expert insights on avoiding costly cybersecurity missteps here.
5. The 'boomerang' strategy: 2 health systems tap former employees to fill empty roles Full story
6. Johns Hopkins, Four Seasons expand partnership Full story
7. WHO: $88M needed to curb Ebola outbreak Full story
8. Cleveland Clinic received threat against 2 hospitals Full story
9. Patients are demanding simpler care experiences. See how leading systems are meeting this expectation — while also reducing staff burden — here.
10. Keck Medicine names 1st chief quality officer Full story
11. 4 nurses making headlines on and off the job Full story
12. Damaged mattresses are patient safety issue, says Washington hospital union Full story
13. Coordinating electronic records between providers and consumers remains a challenge. Learn how to create a single digital home for you patients.
14. Fill rate for Tamiflu nearly doubles in 1 week Full story
15. Pediatric COVID-19 cases jump for 2nd week Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Still playing a guessing game to determine who will show up for their appointment? Here's the digital upgrade this Ohio hospital took to end it.
2. Navigating healthcare's workforce crisis — The specific actions leaders from top health systems are taking to increase workforce engagement and retention.
3. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.