1. Health officials say too few boosters behind rising COVID hospitalizations in parts of California Full story
2. Nursing shortage is more than a pandemic problem, says CommonSpirit's CNO Dr. Kathleen Sanford Full story
3. BJC HealthCare names new CMO, chief quality officer Full story
4. Stepping past "business as usual" is your ticket to efficiency — learn how.
5. Mississippi hospital CNOs plea for state help amid staffing shortages Full story
6. Kaiser strike expected to affect all of its Northern California outpatient pharmacies Full story
7. Hospitals want partners, not just vendors. Learn how to create strong philanthropic partnerships with them here.
8. Catholic Health to resume services after labor deals approved Full story
9. Sutter Health workers to strike second time Full story
10. 200+ hospitals participating in new federal program to boost maternal, infant health Full story
11. 8 out of 10 hospitals offer telehealth programs, but not all are thriving. Learn what's working and where telehealth fits in your long-term strategy.
12. US lacks uniform rules for COVID-19-positive organ donors Full story
13. Why so few patients have gotten Biogen's new Alzheimer's treatment Full story
14. Wisconsin medical group cuts ties with Aaron Rodgers Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare's digital era has arrived — these 10 must-reads will help hospitals respond.
2. Telehealth moves beyond video visits for quick scripts. Learn why patient engagement apps lead to better outcomes + lower costs.
3. Health systems can't be consumer-friendly without complete data — learn more here.