1. Does prestige belong in medicine? Full story
2. At hospital where nurse called 911, 'zero candidates interviewing' for ED roles, says president Full story
3. BQ.1 + BQ.1.1 make up 35% of US cases: 10 CDC findings Full story
4. Antimicrobial Resistance is a major global health threat. Addressing it takes creative, collaborative approaches. Learn how you can come to the table to help tackle this challenge at Innovate4Outcomes®.
5. 4,300 flu patients hospitalized last week: 7 FluView notes Full story
6. Florida medical board bans gender-affirming care for minors Full story
7. Paxlovid cuts long COVID-19 risk, early VA findings show Full story
8. Crozer hospital ordered to halt inpatient, ER care Full story
9. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on the current state of clinical workflows in transplant centers and hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5-minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
10. Mississippi hospital lays off dozens of workers Full story
11. Physicians threaten legal action over Texas' delayed maternal health report Full story
12. Patients hospitalwide more likely to die when ED is overcrowded: study Full story
13. Struggling to understand today's new imaging technologies? Listen to two health tech leaders break down AI, security and interoperability.
14. Walgreens' VillageMD completes $8.9B deal to combine with Summit Health Full story
15. 7 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A single pressure injury can cost hospitals up to $70K. Learn how your hospital can cut pressure injuries by up to 70% here.
2. An estimated 80,000 people die in hospitals each year because of incorrect diagnoses. Learn the 4 causes of diagnostic errors and how to address them here.
3. Nurses waste an hour per day looking for + cleaning mobile medical equipment. Catholic Health System found a better way to manage this equipment. Here's how.