1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. US shatters daily COVID-19 case record again; some patients smell phantom scents — 6 updates Full story
3. 36 New York physicians quarantined after attending Halloween party Full story
4. Does your dental practice have the right contactless engagement tools to ensure patient loyalty and satisfaction? Click here to learn how to keep patients coming back.
5. Asymptomatic patient was actively infectious for 70+ days, study finds Full story
6. Medtronic recalls heart catheter after 1 death, 2 injuries Full story
7. Is your health system prepared to face 2021’s drug shortages? Click here to learn how data and AI can help manage hospitals’ drug supply needs.
8. 'Robust' cellular immunity present 6 months after COVID-19 infection, small study suggests Full story
9. 16 physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers elected to Congress Full story
10. COVID-19 protocols shortened hospital stays for moms and babies, Cedars-Sinai study finds Full story
11. Some of the biggest changes in medicine are coming from leaders on the front line. Click here to learn about new standards of care.
12. Kaiser Permanente names new CMO: 6 notes Full story
13. 13 hospitals hiring chief nursing officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.
2. Is your OR still a source of revenue? Click here to learn how third-party providers can help your hospital grow its margins.
3. How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.