1. 2-week COVID case increases highest in these 3 states Full story
2. 6 questions on CMS' vaccination rule, answered Full story
3. Nurses slam Kaiser Permanente's hospital-at-home push Full story
4. COVID-19 is still disrupting surgical services. Prevent a backlog and maintain a flexible approach with these best practices.
5. California hospital to end acute care, close ED Full story
6. Intermountain Children's pauses non-emergent surgeries as patient volumes top winter surge levels Full story
7. Overworked call centers? Here's how Notable Health used AI to slash a health system's call volumes by 60%.
8. With 12 mouse clicks, physician tied to misinformation renews medical license Full story
9. More than 30,000 Kaiser workers plan Nov. 15 strike Full story
10. 26 hospitals leaders on the most important change they've made to address burnout Full story
11. Dashboards alone can't improve infusion scheduling. See what made the difference for UCSF Health here.
12. Men are more likely to die of COVID-19: 4 factors that may explain why Full story
13. Joint Commission, Kaiser name 1st recipient of new health equity award Full story
14. Nurses union urges OSHA to institute permanent COVID-19 protections for healthcare workers Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Complexity simplified: A quick guide to the medical coding landscape and uncomplicating value-based documentation.
2. It's time to make life easier for ED clinicians — Here's how
3. Billing the VA is a challenge. Click here to learn how other hospitals are successfully collecting on their claims.