1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. 13 states see record COVID-19 hospitalizations; FDA warns of false positives for rapid tests — 6 updates Full story
3. El Paso gets 4th mobile morgue amid COVID-19 surge Full story
4. Hospital-acquired pressure injuries (HAPIs) are rising. There is a new way to reinforce pressure injury prevention and there are products that perfectly fit the new guidelines. Learn more.
5. California hospital prepares for surge in cardiac patients stressed by election Full story
6. Sanford Health rescheduling nonemergency procedures Full story
7. Dynamic care for critically ill patients — hear from UC Irvine Health System's CMO during this live discussion. Click here to attend.
8. 5 things we know about the 2020 presidential election Full story
9. Hospital floors 'underappreciated' source of bacteria spread, study finds Full story
10. Walking into the unknown: An important perspective from a Tampa General clinical leader Full story
11. Treating substance use disorder during a pandemic requires a community effort. Click here to learn how to achieve quality outcomes.
12. About 20 percent of New Yorkers have had COVID-19, study finds Full story
13. ER physicians accuse UnitedHealth of illegally underpaying claims Full story
14. 7 hospitals hiring chief quality officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Continuous clinical surveillance may be the key to mitigating adverse events for good. Click here to lean more.
2. Some of the biggest changes in medicine are coming from leaders on the front line. Click here to learn about new standards of care.
3. Receiving the wrong drug can be dangerous, but so can receiving the wrong dose. Click here to learn how to properly adjust dosages for patients with kidney conditions.