1. A patient checks in every 2 minutes: RSV surge hits Cook Children's ED Full story
2. Winter COVID-19 surge will be less severe than last year, experts predict Full story
3. Union calls for resignation of Washington hospital president, CNO Full story
4. In a recent survey of healthcare workers, 93% reported stress and 76% reported exhaustion. Learn how leaders can help drive clinician wellness, reduce burnout and turnover, and improve outcomes.
5. WHO ups Ebola risk assessment as cases rise in Uganda: 5 updates Full story
6. Texas health system CEO out after 4 months Full story
7. 4,100 physicians on 2022's toughest ethical issues: 6 findings Full story
8. Massachusetts hospital nurses to see across-the-board raises of 15% over 4 years Full story
9. Rethinking digital engagement: What patients really want from hospitals Learn more
10. HHS renews monkeypox public health emergency Full story
11. 10 states with the largest decreases to travel nurse pay Full story
12. South Carolina hospital evacuated after roof catches fire Full story
13. One of the most innovative health tech companies in the U.S. is making big bets on the technologies that will transform healthcare. Learn what they are here.
14. 4 hospitals that earned Magnet status in October Full story
15. U of Missouri study finds high prevalence of COVID-19, flu coinfections Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.
2. 220+ hospital leaders share purchasing goals, strategies & challenges. Read these 8 insights in this 2022 supply chain report.
3. UCHealth cut time-to-admit by 16% and saw an $8M return on investment using this modernized approach to capacity management.