1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. US entering 'most deadly phase' of pandemic, Birx warns; COVID-19 patients can break quarantine to vote, CDC says — 6 updates Full story
3. 39 hospitals face maximum Medicare readmissions penalties Full story
4. Dynamic care for critically ill patients — hear from UC Irvine Health System's CMO during this live discussion. Click here to attend.
5. Newark Beth Israel breaks ties with director of troubled heart transplant program Full story
6. Geisinger, AtlantiCare unravel merger Full story
7. Clinicians support means providing access to up-to-date treatment protocols. Find out how to provide that kind of reliable support.
8. Wisconsin hospitals scramble to fill staffing void amid COVID-19 surge: 5 things to know Full story
9. Cleveland Clinic's nursing scholarship program gets $10M gift Full story
10. 5 Michigan hospital staffers have contracted coronavirus since Halloween Full story
11. Give clinicians the gift of mobility — why instant access to patient records is a must for modern healthcare providers. Click here to attend the virtual presentation.
12. COVID-19 household spread 'substantial' and quick, CDC finds Full story
13. Nurse-led initiative cuts unnecessary urine cultures at Johns Hopkins Hospital: 4 things to know Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.
2. How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.
3. Effortless interoperability in the era of virtual care — tips for health system leaders. Click here to read more.