1. 'Our March 2020': Capacity crisis, labor shortages collide at children's hospitals Full story
2. US COVID-19 admissions tick up: Where they're highest, rising fastest Full story
3. 2 patients held staff hostage at Arizona hospital, police say Full story
4. TempTraq is a continuous temperature monitoring patch for patients, clinically proven to detect fevers earlier than the standard of care. Explore the benefits.
5. Monkeypox still a public health emergency: WHO Full story
6. Oregon health system employee under investigation for video that appears to mock patient Full story
7. CMS releases final payment rules for 2023: 15 takeaways Full story
8. How Grady Memorial and the city of Atlanta are adjusting after Wellstar closure Full story
9. Struggling to understand today's new imaging technologies? Listen to two health tech leaders break down AI, security and interoperability.
10. Missouri investigating if federal law was violated in alleged emergency abortion denial Full story
11. Massachusetts health system requiring employees to get bivalent booster Full story
12. 25 best places to retire in the next year, per US News Full story
13. Staff shortages complicate traditional pressure injury prevention. Here are proactive interventions that aren't as prone to shortages.
14. COVID-19 treatments for immunocompromised people are on the decline Full story
15. 6 hospitals, systems seeking chief quality officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A single pressure injury can cost hospitals up to $70K. Learn how your hospital can cut pressure injuries by up to 70% here.
2. Houston Methodist succeeds in Medicare Shared Savings through clear visibility into patients' post-acute care. Here's how they did it.
3. COVID forced hospitals to revisit the value of precision planning. Ensure a robust contingency plan for future challenges with lessons from this short report.