1. Cumulative flu hospitalization rate hits 13-year high Full story
2. Jha: Boosters still effective as 'escape variants' account for 27% of US cases Full story
3. Nurses urge AG to intervene in sale of Louisiana hospitals Full story
4. The biggest healthcare challenges require fresh, collaborative thinking. Antimicrobial Resistance is one of those threats. Innovate4Outcomes® takes on this threat with design thinking. Be a part of it on Dec 1.
5. Florida medical board pursues ban on gender-affirming care for minors Full story
6. Atlanta hospital to close at midnight; neighboring Grady overcrowds, plans 'help line' Full story
7. CDC: New York wastewater sampling finds wider spread of polio that paralyzed unvaccinated resident Full story
8. 10 hospitals, health systems cutting jobs Full story
9. Rapid onboarding: Lessons in security and speed from Penn State Health. Click here to learn more.
10. Father sues HCA hospital after photo of injured son posted online Full story
11. Westchester Medical Center to raise nurses' pay by 27% over 5 years Full story
12. FDA confirms amoxicillin shortage Full story
13. Slow behavioral health adopters are doing patients a disservice. Catch up on how organizations are integrating it into the medical journey here.
14. 1st human-pig heart transplant unexpectedly changed heart's electrical system, research suggests Full story
15. 7 chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.
2. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
3. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how 3 hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.