1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. US sees 90K+ cases in 1 day; state officials say they don't have funds to distribute vaccine — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. First dual case of COVID-19, flu confirmed in California county Full story
4. Clinicians support means providing access to up-to-date treatment protocols. Find out how to provide that kind of reliable support.
5. Arkansas hospital cancels elective surgeries after PPE destroyed Full story
6. California hospital testing all employees for COVID-19 after staff outbreak Full story
7. Dynamic care for critically ill patients — hear from UC Irvine Health System's CMO during this live discussion. Click here to attend.
8. 2 New York 'superspreader' events leave 300 in quarantine Full story
9. Renown Health names new chief nursing officer Full story
10. COVID-19 recap: 29 key study findings
11. Is your health system prepared to face 2021’s drug shortages? Click here to learn how data and AI can help manage hospitals’ drug supply needs.
12. Defer or continue electives during a COVID-19 surge? 3 physicians weigh benefits of each approach Full story
13. 'This is apocalyptic': El Paso cardiologist says COVID-19 surge is threatening heart patients' lives Full story
14. 10 cities with highest, lowest average physician compensation Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Continuous clinical surveillance may be the key to mitigating adverse events for good. Click here to lean more.
2. 10 plays to overcome 2020 financial challenges and return to profitability. Click here to read the hospital executive playbook.
3. Receiving the wrong drug can be dangerous, but so can receiving the wrong dose. Click here to learn how to properly adjust dosages for patients with kidney conditions.