1. CMS penalizes 2,499 hospitals for high readmissions: 5 things to know Full story
2. Former Texas nurse sentenced for murder of 4 patients Full story
3. CDC: Some immunocompromised people may get 4th shot Full story
4. The heavy cost of improper lifting – a painful reality for caregivers Learn more
5. Boston Medical Center surgeon fined after leaving patient in OR Full story
6. Antidepressant may reduce risk of severe COVID-19, study finds Full story
7. Michigan Medicine increased infusion center capacity without expanding — learn how here.
8. FDA requires physicians to share breast implant safety risks Full story
9. New COVID-19 cases down nearly 60% since delta surge Full story
10. 50 states ranked by their healthcare workforce Full story
11. Patients deserve to get the most out of their care. Here's how to make sure they do.
12. 6 recent updates on COVID-19 variants Full story
13. Henry Ford Health System names chief nursing officer Full story
14. Where COVID-19 hospitalizations are highest and rising fastest Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hospital execs are using cybernetics to enhance patient experiences, reduce employee strain — here's how.
2. Current capacity management methods no longer cut it. See how hospitals are responding to rising patient volumes more strategically here.
3. Telehealth is entering a critical new phase. Learn why top execs are adopting a smart-growth approach to planning.