1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. 44,000 Americans hospitalized; Medicare, Medicaid to cover COVID-19 vaccines with emergency authorization — 5 updates Full story
3. Pennsylvania hospital pauses some elective surgeries after employees test positive for COVID-19 Full story
4. Dynamic care for critically ill patients — hear from UC Irvine Health System's CMO during this live discussion. Click here to attend.
5. CMS releases Quality Payment Program results: 6 takeaways Full story
6. Nurses, CNAs made up 36% of healthcare workers hospitalized with COVID-19 this spring, CDC finds Full story
7. Give clinicians the gift of mobility — why instant access to patient records is a must for modern healthcare providers. Click here to attend the virtual presentation.
8. Kaiser hospital shuts down Southern California ORs due to staff shortage, air quality Full story
9. Colon cancer screenings should start at 45, US task force says Full story
10. Some COVID-19 survivors may have antibodies that attack body instead of virus Full story
11. Treating substance use disorder during a pandemic requires a community effort. Click here to learn how to achieve quality outcomes.
12. Massachusetts hospital COVID-19 outbreak may be tied to employees eating together Full story
13. COVID-19 patients with GI symptoms have worse outcomes, study finds Full story
14. States ranked by COVID-19 cases: Oct. 28 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Receiving the wrong drug can be dangerous, but so can receiving the wrong dose. Click here to learn how to properly adjust dosages for patients with kidney conditions.
2. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.
3. Why universal patient decolonization is key in the age of COVID-19. Click here to download the whitepaper.