1. COVID-19 cases up in 17 states, down in 28, flat in 5 Full story
2. New York hospital suspends nonemergency surgeries, cites staff shortage Full story
3. As the pandemic phases out, how do we talk about it Full story
4. With patient experience at the front of new regulations, experts look to define the best predictors for success. Learn more
5. Catholic Health names chief quality and patient experience officer Full story
6. FDA panel recommends Pfizer's COVID-19 shot for kids 5-11 Full story
7. Nebraska Medicine has earned the trust of their patients. Click here to learn how.
8. Nurses more likely to have suicidal thoughts than other workers, Mayo study finds Full story
9. 13 recent hospital, health system CNO, CMO moves Full story
10. New infection controls in place after 2 staffers test positive for COVID at Rhode Island hospital Full story
11. Michigan Medicine increased infusion center capacity without expanding — learn how here.
12. 7 nursing schools launching new programs amid shortages Full story
13. Alaska still reporting highest COVID-19 cases per capita: See how other regions compare Full story
14. EEOC updates guidelines on vaccination mandate religious accommodations: 5 details Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Variation in care is tied to increased costs + adverse events. Better clinical decision-making starts with these 4 steps.
2. Demand for heart care is rising as a cardiologist shortage looms. Here's how health systems are adapting to the specialty's top challenges.
3. 10 M&A best practices — Insights from Bon Secours Mercy Health and Summit Health.