1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. 16 states see record COVID-19 hospitalizations; CDC expands definition of 'close contact' — 6 updates Full story
3. 5,300 physicians, scientists: Herd immunity as virus management is a 'dangerous fallacy' Full story
4. Dynamic care for critically ill patients — hear from UC Irvine Health System's CMO during this live discussion. Click here to attend.
5. Cardiology leader at Ohio hospital dies of COVID-19 complications Full story
6. Cancer patient reports unsanitary conditions at Memorial Health Full story
7. How Ochsner Health fuels high quality patient care with physician well-being. Click here to attend the live discussion.
8. CHI Health offering premium pay to nurses for extra shifts Full story
9. Dry winter air will fuel COVID-19's spread, health experts say Full story
10. Cleveland Clinic names executive chief nursing officer Full story
11. Give clinicians the gift of mobility — why instant access to patient records is a must for modern healthcare providers. Click here to attend the virtual presentation.
12. 12 drugs being tested as COVID-19 treatments Full story
13. Healthgrades' 214 top hospitals for critical care 2021 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Continuous clinical surveillance may be the key to mitigating adverse events for good. Click here to lean more.
2. Some of the biggest changes in medicine are coming from leaders on the front line. Click here to learn about new standards of care.
3. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.